Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A BETTER CLASS OF CRIMINAL

The one thing I gained that first little stint in the minimum security correctional was a line of credit that I would never have achieved without it.Oh.I don't mean that I could now walk into a bank and get their best rate,or any rate for that matter.When you have just been convicted of thirty nine counts of embezzlement and fraud,the only thing a bank wants from you is for you to leave the premises!

No,I walked out of that prison a man without a home,without any money(I do not count $19.56 as money)there was no such thing as any counselling or any other form of assistance.You had a home,possilbly a job and family support group when you came in,but for many,when they are released it is into the streets to make or break,so is it any wonder the re-offense rate is so high?
What the statistic fail to show,is just how high that rate it really is,simply because there are a high percent who simply to do not get caught,at least not in the short term.
CRIME DOES NOT PAY!!
If that is what makes you feel good,go ahead and believe it,certainly for a lot of so called criminals ,it does not.
There never as been,and never will be much profit in spousal abuse,disorderly conduct and mischief charges,nor probation and parole violations.
The last time I looked,the pay rate for common or even aggravated assault is not that great.
Possession of a control substance usually means you have already spent all your cash and are now partying and that usually leads to you getting busted doing something stupid.
Yeah,the prisons are full of people who never made a dime from their crimes,even murders are not paid that well!(I have earned the right to make light of the situation,humour is what kept me sane when I was up on a murder beef)

I on the other hand am almost proud to say that every minute of CONVICTED time I ever spent I was VERY well paid for,and in every case worked out to hundreds of dollars earned for every day behind bars.
What,you think every Drug dealer is caught the first time out?Not the "good" ones,(PLEASE,I AM NOT ABDICATING DEALING DRUGS OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF CRIME!)I am merely examining some of the reasons for our high rate of re-occurring felonies,and hopefully putting forth some suggestion from you as well as me on how we can lower that rate.

I started out by saying that one of the things I gained was a line of credit when I was released from jail.That was due totally on my chameleon abilities I talked about earlier,and the habit of the correctional system of placing"heavies" into the "light" population at the ends of their long terms.
While I was in on light crimes,I knew how to talk the talk,and if need be walk the walk.Having a murder charge behind me especially one I "beat"gave me great references.Always on the look out to take the easy street,I quickly adapted myself into a "heavy"at least in the minds of most of the "lights".

So,there I was,out on the street,broke,homeless absolutely no family support( that I would seek out,that is another long story best told else where the CONTINUING ADVENTURES will give you some in-sight)and absolutly no clue what to do.I knew about things like the Salvation Army,but since I was pissed off at God at the time,I would not turn to them,or any other organization that would help me.
I was,at that time in great physical shape,and had good work skills to fall back on,but for the moment I was stuck.I was also a bit"habitualized" a condition often found in those leaving the Armed Forces or any other place where the structure is in place for you.You now when and where you eat,you know when and where you sleep,shower,work,every thing is decided for you.
I found myself doing what I always did back then when finding myself in a difficult situation,I drank!
So how long can nineteen dollars and change keep you drunk? about three days and four new girlfriends!( I had lucked out,I had been released the same time of month as when our government here in Canada dishes out a couple hundred bucks for each child under the age of eighteen.A welfare handout you ask?No,it's "universal"in the words of our illustrious leaders,meaning each and every child qualifies regardless of the income of the parents.
I regrees,and I am to lazy to edit so will stumble on.
There I was,in a bar,my arms around not one but two ladies I was doing my best to impress,the money,mine as well as theirs,all but gone.What to do?
Using one of the last quarters( 25 cent coin) in the pay phone,I called upon one of those "heavies"I had meet and hung with while in that minimum security prison.
Within an hour I was $3500.00 in debt but on my way to becoming one of the towns most successful and sought out weed dealers around.I soon established the reputation of always:
a)of always"having"and
b)always being avaiable,and
c)most important of all,the supplier of the highest quaility found either side of the Rockies.
Perhaps at another time I will regal you with stories of my successful drug dealing career but I feel that is a story best left for the adventureman to tell in an upcoming episode of the CONTINUING ADVENTURES!
What I have done here is hopefully lay the ground work for much more in-depth look at re-offending and what can be done to lessen it,as well as draw comments from you kind( or don't be kind,just be constructive) reader so that I may set a direction for this my first attempt at serious on-line journalism.
I NEED YOUR SUPPORT!YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS WILL DETERMINE THE FUTURE DIRECTION OF THIS SITE.PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO EITHER POST A COMMENT,OR EVEN BETTER EMAIL ME AT anexcon49@yahoo.ca ( also a paypal designation for donations)
and PLEASE remember my SPONSORS deserve to be heard,and so for now that as been my VIEW FROM THE OUTSIDE In order to keep a promise to a lady,I must tell you that a FAN CLUB was started,look if you must.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I am also an ex-offender. I did over 6 years for my first felonious act. It is crazy, and a complete waste of government cash. What ever the cash, I think there is a huge problem in the U.S, and Canada and their " War on Drugs" is just bullshit pure and simple. I am not sure if you sent me, this post intentionally, or if your website did it as a ruse to get people in, whatever the case it seems to be a blessing in disguise, as I too have a website. It is at yahoo, and it is in groups, under cell dogs parolees ex-offenders unite of course their words are connected and there is a you are ell, ie, the H two t's and p...trip, then the yahoo groups dotcom....anyway, I think that you will enjoy the Oh Dah...Ill send you an e-mail...but we cost nothing have nothing and bitch a lot. Plus cause public nucense's of ourselve when ever possible, by writing letters to senat, cogress, and just about anyone else who will take our e-mail....Come on down. I think you'll feel right at home.

11/9/05 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2,500,000+ Americans are incarcerated or on parole; that's almost 1% of the entire national population.

Very few are equipped to find alternative ways to survival upon their release, and fall back into old habits, and rely on old contacts (many of whom they met in prison).

It certainly doesn't seem to make society any safer; no matter how many people are locked up, we still have crime and violence at rates that astound Eurpoe and Asia.

Good luck with your blog; the important message I think might be what alternatives are there? And how do you put your life together after prison? A lot of people might be interested...

11/9/05 9:57 PM  
Blogger bjenkins said...

Seek the help of Christ. Check for a local Bible believing Church. My Church has many ex-offender ministries. Check out my blog for the most important news you could ever know.

Ben

13/9/05 2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To aid the reoffender, is to re educate the ex offender (ex offender because they have indeed paid for their crime and should not still carry the title of offender) into believing he still holds self worth, self respect and can still hold his head up high, because everyone has to have a second chance, a cahnce to prove he can be a model citizen. By educating, I mean to council, to show that a crime doesn't have to be the answer to 'get by' in life.
Also the ex con should be helped financially, so that the temptation to reoffend is lessoned. Everyone needs a helping hand, and so why keep making criminals from ex cons, when it is so simple to bring the crime rate down.

13/9/05 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The biggest problem in Canada today is reintrigration. Csc does nothing but hinder those who are released. We need a group that helps the ex-inmate find a decent job (they need to be aware of the crime and time served) ahead of time, before they are hired, not a week later when the ex-inmates PO shows up to confront the employer. Then the ex-inmate looses the job.
I am an inmates wife in Canada and have lost more than one job because of CSC, and I am not the offender. go figure.
Lets work on a system to better society and get these people on the right track when they are released. So they don't have to go back to their old ways.

23/9/05 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There
Nice to see a top notch blog page like you have here.

Regards
morgan dollars

22/1/06 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home